About the Blog’s Name:
Tira UE is the official fight song of the University of the East. Tira is the spanish word for shoot or hit. The origin of the song dates back in the late 1950’s. Earlier UAAP years even before UE had joined the league, until to the late 1980’s the main way of cheering on a UAAP event was thru Marching Band or commonly known in the Philippine culture as Banda Musiko. This kind of cheering is similar with the United States NCAA cheering tradition. And, after the acceptance of ADMU and DLSU from the league they also introduce the drum base cheering that’s popular in their former league (NCAA-Phil) and the trend of cheering in the UAAP eventually shifted from marching band type to purely drum/snare base type.
Today, Tira UE is still being perform during basketball games, special UE events and celebrations. The UE Band continues the tradition of playing this old fight song, even though the UE Red Drummers are now official cheering organ of the University of the East.
About the Blog’s Author:
This is a personal moblog (mobile blog site) of Red. A big fan of the UE Red Warriors and other Athletic teams of the University of the East. Red is not a professional writer and has a little background at maintaining a blog. Red’s hobbies include playing and watching football; composing poetry; making cheers and chants; and, listening to 80’s New Wave British rock.
- The author is not a professional writer so expect that you will encounter some lapses and especially that this blog is purely maintain via a mobile phone as a rule with Mobile Blogging.
- This blog is intended for personal journal only. So many of the blog entries are closed for comments and reactions.
- This blog is not connected with the University of the East and its athletic teams. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely by the author.
- All the photos and images used in this blog are owned by the respective graphic artists, makers, and groups. Full credits belong to them.
- And, if you encounter Error 404, kindly refresh or navigate thru the sidebar and pages.
|© 2010-2046 Tira UE Blog! | God Bless UE|